Monday, July 2, 2012

:) :)


Oi!

Man. When you think nothing is going right and that you just can´t seem to get it right. Biggest miracles happen in your life! So I´ll just write what I wrote in my journal to explain the miralce. :)

"These past two weeks have been a great spiritual expierence. It has been a great learning opportunity as well. We met this wonderful, perfect family! One day we were doing contatos like usual. When this 11 year old girl comes up to us and asks us how to say desculpa in english. So we tell her "sorry." After that we ended up invited her to our english class and asking if her parents would allow us to come over to leave a message with them.
We marked a date and kept having a good day. Well, that date came and they weren´t home, but we didn´t mark another date. After a couple of days I decided that we should try and pass by there again. This time the dad showed up! We asked him if we could leave a message with them and he said: 'I don´t know if my wife will allow it right now. She´s not accepting visits.' So I simply asked him to ask her if she would like to hear the word of God. And we entered!
Well, we taught the restoration, invited to read, to pray, and to be baptized on 1st of July (upon receiving a response!). They all accepted! Eliane (the mom), Evandro (the Dad), Rafaela (11 year old girl), Carlos (13 year old boy), Isabelle (7 year old girl), and Raul (3 year old boy) are the family. So after they accepted we also invited them to go to church that next sunday and they accepted as well! Me and Elder Steele got excited! It was wonderful! So we found out that Evandro works from 2-10 each day so the only time to catch him in house is the morning, but we still had to come back in the afternoon to teach carlos. (because he has school in the morning). Well, we decided just to meet them at church! But on saturday we had a lesson too!
So we went and picked them up for church. Well, Evandro walked out saying: Man, sorry I lost track of time, we aren´t ready lets leave it for next week! I got a little sad inside because for the past forever no one has been going to church! But I had been praying so hard for a miracle. So I decided to be a little persistant. And I told them, well, okay, but here in an hour we will come by to pick you up! We came back an hour later and yes, they were all ready and dressed up!
So we then got them to church! Had church and went home, them. Monday came and wasn´t P-day (because of transfers, so we could teach them in the morning and afternoon). and we taught them. So this is being lesson #3. We read 2nd nefi 31 with them and invited them again to be baptized. Rafaela was all about it. And eliane and Carlos were pretty good with it. This is when we found out that Evandro was already baptized and confirmed into the church! That was a big shock! I was super surprised but happy. It was good. So Eliane got super interested in everthing and asked about everything she had to do to get ready for baptism. We ended explaining almost everything! It was crazy! tithing, word of wisdom, law of chastity, day of lord, everything! Bascially it was very good.
Well we made goals with Eliane with coffee because she loved to drink it. But she told us  that she would do everything so that she could get baptized! I was happy with that. So on tuesday we just gave them a call to see how they were doing. Also, they absolutely loved church! But we visited them everyday. Brought the Presidente of the Relief society and her husband there too. And We found that Carlos and Eliane were having troubles letting go of their old stuff. So we had to help them with that and on friday them three had their interviews. The interviews went great! It was awesome! And on saturday Eliane and Evandro had some great spiritual expierences. Theses experiences were the turning point for them and on sunday all three were baptized! ..."

There was more but it´s to wirte all! Bascially it was amazing! we were able to baptize the family and reacitvate the dad! It was absolutely my favorite experience on the mission. I learned so much but I´ll leave that to my notes. I´m very excited and hoping that they continue so that at the end of my mission I can go to the temple with them! I would love that! To end my mission like that!

So I don´t have much time today, but I did enjoy all the stories and things. It was very good and funny :) Especially with Gavin! Parabens meu irmão! Você vai ser um ótimo pai, já sei!

man, I already gots to go! I´ll try and send the pictures of the baptism! :D yay! love you all!

com amor,
Élder Grant Shaw Merrill!

No comments:

Post a Comment