Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Translation

It's nice to have another son who speaks Portuguese!

Here is the translation from Grant's latest e-mail:
 
I know that this church is true.  I know that Jesus is the Christ and my savior.  Because of Him we can return to the presence of God.  My joy comes from the progress of others.  Sometimes it is difficult to continue and be focused, but we still have to continue.  It might be the hardest thing in the world, but we have to show our faith to God and just do it.  :)  People that I am teaching here are the most important people to me right now.  That is something that I have learned recently.  The most important place in the world is the one where you are!  It is there that you must be useful, helpful, and a friend because this is your place.  The most important task in the world is not the one you think is fun to do, but the one that needs to be done in that moment, because the will to help awakes in you the most beautiful feeling that exists: Solidarity (i'm not exactly sure what he is trying to say with this word but something along the lines of comraderie, unity, maybe sympathy).  The most important things in the world are those that are right now.  Have a plan.  Have a goal.  Focus on that goal, on that plan and do the things that are essential NOW, so that you can progress NOW.  Don't procrastinate the work until tomorrow.  Do everything now!

So I hope that helps.

I love you guys,
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment