Thursday, March 22, 2012

Please Pray For Elder Schenk

Some of you may have noticed a bit of an encryption in Grant's last e-mail:  "This week was really hard not with the work so much just with some other things that happened on the mission. But what I´ve learned is to always keep my head forward and keep my focus. Just remember this week keep the missionaries in your prayers!"


Well at the end of his letter he had asked us to not include some news--he wanted us to fast and pray for Elder Schenk--a missionary in his mission who was hit by a bus last Friday and almost died. He said they weren't supposed to really talk about it. Well, today through my LDS Living e-mail they had the story--which links you to the Deseret News article. This is the link to the LDS Living site where the story begins. You can then link to Desert News.


http://ldsliving.com/story/68154-lds-missionary-in-brazil-severely-injured-in-bus-accident

 
I am also including the link to the blog that his family started to update family and friends concerned about Elder Schenk's progress. It is inspiring.


www.elderbrittenschenk.blogspot.com/


Let us all keep Elder Schenk & his family in our prayers. I am so grateful for my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I only hope that if I was faced with such an event I could have the courage and grace and faith that this family seems to have.


Love--Coleen (Grant's Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment