Monday, March 26, 2012

Got nothing to put here.

Oi!

Man... What an emotional week hah. Yeah I know Elder Schenk, he was in my zone at Limoeiro. He's a good friend of mine too. It's been hard but I know that he is in good hands. We get updates every so often. Tomorrow we have a conference in sao paulo and his parents will be there. I just really hope he's doing good. But I'm doing good and concentrating on the work here. Just keep me updated if there's major changes or something!

These past couple of weeks have been hard for me. Especially this last one. We lost the family that we brought to church. Basically. They just told us that they were visiting. They were understanding the switching of churches as just this and not a switch to the true church. Also Pedro that taught lost complete interest in the church  as well. Our problem now is we need to find new people.  I just know that I really am wanting to be senior companion. We need to do so many contacts. My problem is consistancy. I do  really well one day but the next, not so good. I need to do AWESOME everyday! haha. But it's getting a little bit better. But I am really excited for conference this weekend! Gives us a great opportunity to meet a lot of new people. The only problem is that conference is at the stake center which stays at São Jose dos Campos. That's like an hour bus ride away. It will be hard to bring people there. But it's possible :)


I've learned so much as a missionary and it has been and is being the greatest blessing in my life. But what i've learned is that you have to BE a missionary and not just BE on the mission. I've seen plenty of missionaries going home that I feel like they could have be way more. But it isn't for me to judge and I just know I have to do what is right no matter what the other missionaries are doing. Because there's what is common and what is normal. We should do the thing that is normal and not common.

Well, I got to go. I will probably get the package tomorrow but I don't know. Sorry it's kind of short and boring today, I'll try and be more interesting next time haha :) But just keep praying for elder schenk and his family and I know that whatever happens is the will of the Lord and maybe the will of the Lord is hard but it is what it is. I know this church is true and I know the book of mormon is true.

love,
Elder Grant Shaw Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment