Monday, March 19, 2012

Blessings of the Lord!

Oi!

So this was a crazy week.. man. Sunday was awesome! We brought a family to church and a member brought a friend. This family we began teaching a little bit ago and they are sweet! They lived in the united states for a while during hurricane katrina. They said they attended baptist but our church was always making sure that they had food in their fridge! So they have a really good view of the church already. That was really important and they really want their kids in a church and to be raised in a church now (because they stopped going to baptist). we invited them to be baptized and they accepted and if all goes well they will be bapitzed this next sunday! The rapaz... young man... that the member brought was really sweet! We went to the members house yesterday to teach him and man, he loved everything. Once again accepted the baptism invite and wants to be bapitzed this week we just have to get permission from the parents. Really what I've learned that blessings do come but it is after a lot of work. Read Alma... I think it's 32. About the zoramites and how alma said that they received a group of people to teach and help after a lot of work. They were a stubborn people but there was a people prepared to hear the gospel that were humbled amongst them. Our job is to work so much that we find those people. The people that want to hear our message are the people that we should find and teach!

This week was really hard not with the work so much just with some other things that happened on the mission. But what I've learned is to always keep my head forward and keep my focus. Just remember this week, keep the missionaries in your prayers!

Did you know that there is a outback steak house in sao paulo? Just thought I would let you know! By the way I'm excited to get the package :) The last one was awesome and yes I shared... :P hahaha. I was thinking about "Elder F. Morgan" this week and how he became zone leader. Made me remember how I've been wanting to become senior and district leader. haha. I don't know why but I really want to be a leader. that or train. Lately I've really been wanting to train a missionary. I think that would be really good for me to learn more and grow. But now I'm just thinking out loud. haha :P

Oh hey Dad, if you will be painting the rooms, just don't paint it pink like it was hahah.

This past week I finished Jesus the Christ. Man what a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet book! It BLOWs your mind out of your head with awesomeness. Yes, it was very inspiring and really goes into great detail about things. I learned so much and now i have started the old testament. My goal is to finish the old testament and the book of mormon when I make one year on the mission. and then I will start over again :) But yes, studies are important. Sorry but I got to be get going soon! We have a conference this week and I got to get my haircut. It's big haha... Hey also, check my facebook! A member logged onto my facebook to add himself so that he could send a picture of my new president in july! :)

LOVE,
Élder Grant Shaw Merrill!

No comments:

Post a Comment