Monday, February 13, 2012

Tired...Tired


oi!
This week, like the last, was crazy! Man the time went by super quick! I remember it being the other p day. Man, this week was super...fast...lots of stuff to do. I don´t know how to say it. Anyways, Saturday came and I looked at my planner and I already had every spot filled in. Meaning: We had to only do planning for alternative stuff and not regular because everything was already filled in! This being said. Saturday I was super tired.. But it was really good because we taught a lot, marked baptisms, and had a lot of people saying that they would go to church! sunday came along and we did splits with some members in the ward to get everyone to church. I went to "my area" and I had minimal success. Everyone there, even members, were at a party until 3-6 am in the morning. This is something you learn fast, brasilians don´t sleep hahaha. But anyways, so I only got 2 people to go to church from my part. My companion had it easy hahaha. He went to his part and there are a bunch of apartment buildings where we were calling people. He said that it was very simple. He just called out each name and they said they were descending already. We ended up having 16 people at church yesterday!! It was a miracle. 16 people at church visiting and 2 baptisms. Next week, we are going to have at least 3 more baptisms. This area is really coming alive now :) hahah.
This week we didn´t have any lunches at a members house, so I have really been learning how to cook. Through trial and error. I know how to make rice now! like without the machine, because here no one uses that machine, they acctually cook it. So when I say I know how to make rice now, I mean without that machine and it tastes so much better! Also, I´m getting good at cooking meat and other stuff, frying stuff, and yeah. hahah. BUT! Can you send me the recipe of hamburger stuff over rice? Thanks!
So this week, I gave a blessing for someone, and wow! I´ve never had someone start crying while giving a blessing.. haha. It was an amazing experience.
Sending pictures isn´t working huh? I don´t know why, it´s kind of dumb. haha. but I´ll try :)
Oh! so craziness! we had interviews with the president this week. First off, always inspiring! Second, you can ask him any question you can, which means: Deep Doctrine time. He knows sooooooo much. But something interesting he said that every single thing in the temple you can find in the scriptures, you just have to pay attention. With that and some other stuff he told me that I learned, I have definitely changed the way I study for the better. I want to be able to find that sort of stuff on my own. But also, something else that I should note is that even he uses the manuals. Those are there to help us. But something else that he told me, that next transfer, I might open a new area that has no missionaries and a new ward. AHHH! hahah. That´s crazy, if it happens. But exciting!
So what happens if i use my debit card as a credit card? But thanks for the info! I´ll be waiting for the card :) I´m excited to get the package as well! I have to write so many letters still, it definitely gets piled up haha. Alma 5 is definitely one of my favorite chapters! He really burns the people and makes you think too. There is a verse in that chapter where alma asks the people if they were called to death in that moment, are they ready? This is something that we should always ask ourselves! Are we ready at any moment? My favorite part is definitely the end. With the invitation to be baptized! :) hahah. As a missionary those are your favorite scriptures hahaha.
Recife for Gentry! Man, yeah I always tell people that i have tons of friends in brasil or going to brasil and I never can keep track! So many people... IT`S AWESOME! I´m happy for Dallen that he went to brasil now! :) He´ll love it! Where is he going again? I forgot.
You know what I was thinking about the other day? When I get back, I will get back before july 4 or that day. What a way to start off my days after the mission :P hahahaha. I just thought it was funny.
Oh dad, I told my companion and some other missionaries how much you baptized and this is what they said: Your dad was GH!!! or... in other words, Your dad was Grande Homem (great man). Here it's like you... you did everything you could to help people get baptized. Because for england you baptized a lot!!!
What has Adam completed in his schooling? I don´t even know haha.Man, i realize that me responding to your guy´s stuff must look really weird to other people hahaha. But anyways, I am really excited to be here out on the mission! It's really a weird feeling. Today makes 7 months on the mission but it feels like i´ve been out here my whole life. It already feels like I don´t have any other life than this hahah. It really will be weird to return. For now, I´m really grateful to be out here now. I wouldn´t change it for anything. I´ve already been able to change lots of lives. It amazes me :) That being said,  I certainly do miss you guys and love you more than ever now :) But you are always in my prayers!
Com Amor,
Élder Grant Shaw Merrill!


P.S. Hey! I forgot, Phantom Menace star wars...3D!!! That´s coming out! What?! Awesome! How unfair too! I don´t know why, but the first movie in 3D i´ve been excited about. Maybe it´s also because I can´t watch it :P haha. Another thing....I´ll remember... oh! Jeans 30 - 32! Size! And they are slims. If that helps hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment