Monday, February 6, 2012

No Title Today!


Oi!
 
Craziness!
 
This was a tiring week... whoa. haha. I don´t really know where to begin. But we were just running everyday and trying to find new people, contact everyone we are teaching and just running everywhere. Saturday was very very tiring. The temple was very good but we got back late and we had soooooooooo much work to do. It made things difficult! but! The temple was super good. It was actually probably my favorite session. I don´t know, it´s weird, it´s the same thing, but I learn so much everytime. I learned so much this time I don´t know where to put it all! haha. But it´s true :P There´s a lot to me that just makes so much more sense now.
 
Something that elder ballard told us i´ve been trying to be better with. He talked about how our recent converts are not finished when they become members, but that we need to help them after and forever for the rest of our lives. Because here in sao paulo east is one of the most baptizing missions in the world, but we still need to make sure they stay strong! Here, the standard is at least 2 baptisms every week, that is what is expected. But I think what is really important as well that we (as missionaries and members) should have they goal that those 2 people will go to church and stay strong every week!
 
oh funny story! So we are working with the sister of wallace. (a young man we baptized the other week) and she calls herself vitória! Anyways, she asked me my name, and the people don´t really understand my name so I told her: grant. But now she trys and calls me that but can´t pronounce it right and calls me wench. hahaha. It reminded me of David. :P anyways, my companion laughs everytime he hears it :P haha.
 
This week, we had some baptisms for this week, but they went traveling. I think the dad is fleeing from us actually. Also, the other, she wanted to know the church more. One of the hardest things is helping people understand that baptism is a commandment and that it is required of us now and not in a year or so. Baptism is the first step of our faith and in following christ. This is a truth that I've learned just from reading the scriptures. Funny huh? You actually learn when you read the scriptrues :P hahaha. But anyways, we had 2 baptisms this next week, and we will be working a lot with some other people to have some more. Something that you have to learn as a missionary that your central purpose is to baptize and help others through this way. Not only to teach. We have to have a purpose in our teachings. We have to invite the people to do something with what we are teaching. Baptism is one of those things and one of the most important as well!
 
Are the missionaries (sister missionaries now huh?) doing good in our ward? Who is in our ward now? I don´t even know! Has it changed a lot? I bet it´s sweeeeeeeet! hahah. So is louie getting all excited and ready? Who is all going or in brasil? I´m trying to remember... Me, David, Louie, Gentry, Johnathan, Jordan, Shelby, some other people.... who more.... I don´t remember exactly haha. Oh has Dallen gotten his visa?
 
Oh mom, with that knife and drug story, wanna know something funny? at our appointment, she wasn´t even there. She forgot :P hahah. So I usually just wear my basketball shorts, which by the way, already were...or...they are done? they are used? They are worn out? i don´t know haha. But, sometimes I do use jeans. Right now, not so much, because it´[s SUPER HOT! haha. I go take a shower dry, and sweat. I do nothing and sweat haha. It´s funny. but not really :P hahaha. The other day I took three showers it was so good :] and for the first time in my life, I love taking cold cold showers! hahaha. I´ll look at my jeans this week, i forgot to do that. But if I find some i´ll let you know. The problem is that I don´t know where they would sell jeans and I don´t have a whole lot of time to go hunting, but It is very possible for me to run across a store of jeans. or something like that :P
 
So, you will have to send pictures of the new carpet. What other changes will you guys do to the house? I want to see :P
 
Man dad! going to run another marathon?! Can´t wait to run one with ya :P haha. That is really good for england! :P I was going to make a goal that I have to beat ya :P but that´s a little unfair because I`m in brasil hahaha. Oh did you say hi to brother morgan for me? You should do that :P haha. I´m glad to hear that grandma is doing better now :) I hope that she keeps getting better!
 
Well, I´ll send some pictures and then I´ll be off! Love you all! :) Thanks for being awesome :) haha
 
de seu filho, irmão, ou amigo,
Élder Grant Shaw Merrill

Grant sent a quick post script:

Dad, forgot! I like the Grinch reference :P hehe.

For any of you Grinch fans, this was what Evan wrote that elicited that:

I also did my every 6 month garage cleaning and set up some tool organizers.  It looks a lot better and more organized, "And this time, I'll keep it clean!"

No comments:

Post a Comment