Monday, December 3, 2012

The water... stopped?

Oi!

Man, what a crazy week! I can´t believe some of the things that happened this week! I´ve got a story to tell!

So first off, this past week we´ve been working with a family of 6! It´s been an adventure with them. We´ve been helping this family for the past week trying to get ready for baptism and some of the members of the family were having some doubts. So we did everything we could to try and help them out and make sure that they were super ready for baptism. Then came saturday. But first these past 2 weeks people have come and robbed cords from the church that now we don´t have any energy! So there hasn´t been any energy in the church for a while. That´s been fun.. haha, but anyways, so we had the fear that there wouldn´t be any water for the baptism. Well, on saturday we started to fill up the font. And before it even got to the first step, the water stopped. Me and my companion freaked out. haha. We didn´t know what to do. So I started to pray and ask for help to know what to do. Well, it came into my head that I should get some buckets and start filling up the buckets to fill up the font. I started using the faucets to fill up the buckets and then the font. And it was working, but it was taking forever! Eventually it was 5:30 and we had to get to an appointment we had at 6. So we left and went to the appointment. We went back to the church at 7. And we opened the door to the font and low and behold, the font was completely filled! Wow... That was awesome. i really don´t know how but the Lord definitely placed his hand in helping us. In the end 5 out of 6 were baptised.

Man, it was definitely a week full of work. also, a bird pooped on me -_- haha. Whateves.. It sounds like you guys are having lots of fun with christmas time and all! man, it´s crazy that it´s almost 2013. Things are moving super fast! wow... But hey! Next week transfers are coming up! I have a feeling that I will be moved... But let´s wait and see! :)

I live in Mogi das cruzes

street name: Schwartzmann

if you are seeing one of our churches near by (ward: Bras Cubas) you are close! I hope that helps! Well, I´ve got to go once more, alright! Tchau!

com amor,
Élder Grant Shaw Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment