Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Grant's First E-Mail Home!

So here is Grant's first e-mail home--I did not do any editing this time--I thought you would have a bit of fun deciphering. Anyway, he sounds good--I'm a grateful mom!


Oi!!!

How is everyone doing?? It´s really good to hear from you all! ?The keyboards here are really hard to type correctly on so sorry about that! So the flight! I met up with a bunch of elders in Dallas, but first I met up with one in Portland. He´s cool. He is one of my roommates. I have 4 other roommates and they are my district. We have a very small district!! It´s pretty crazy! Thanks for the gift certificate mom :) very nice! Our flight at Dallas got delayed by 2 hours because a jet engine was leaking so that was fun hahah. Enter does not work here so I can´t do paragraphs sorry! My companherio (companion) is pretty cool!! He isn´t super motivated but he´s a cool guy!! The food here is awesome! Well... most of it :P haha. Some of it is kind weird tasting. Like there is this really slimy fruit that´s just.. bleh! haha. And the bread isn~t the best but that~´s okay I still love it. Beans and rice are pretty awesome :) The place where phil got his bag is still in excistance! 45$R though. But I think it~s worth it. How´s your foot mom? Still there or amputated? :P haha. I went to the temple today! It was awesome! It´s cool cause it~s the same thing haha but very awesome :) Sâo Paulo is sweet! The city is SOOOOOO compact!!! Buildings just to no end. It´s amazing how much stuff you can fit in one place. There are some drive in stores as well. Very interesting but sweet! Umm.. How~s Phil´s work? Still got the job? and Jess´s fetus? hahahaha. Congrats to Sister Cannon!!! No brasilians in my room or district but that~s okay I made some brasilian friends. Btw Brasilians are AWESOME! haha. They are just so much fun and I think half the time I~m getting made fun of but that´s okay because it´s so much fun. I can pray and testify in Português now. And I´m memorizing a bunch of verbs. I love it :) It´s a lot of fun!!! I know this is where I should be. So I´m playing the national anthem on the piano in about 2-3 weeks... hahaha. Phil will understand why I´m nervous for it. It´s SUPER fast! ?But I can´t really say no and It will but fun and I don´t want to say no. It´s an opportunity to play piano! You guys should´ve or should get a letter from me. It was sent by pouch for free, but only time pouch is used I guess. So tell Jeavoni I think I gave her my mission home address not the CTM one! Btw I left a pair of shoes there hahah. But don~t worry until I´m in the mission field because by the same you send it and it gets here I probably will be in the field haha. Lucky. Aoubt Harry Potter. Sorry I keep doing ~and not ´ the ~ is where the ´ usually is. I miss home and you guys a lot!!! I was a little sad a while ago but I´m all good now :) It´s a happy place and it´s right where I should be. Tell Dad he is still my favorite Bishop :P That is sad but it´s good!! Good time for a change! I changed too haha. I can~t wait to be out in the field but I´m going to use this time wisely and learn as much of the language as I can and the gospel. I give my 100%! Oh and you soon find out that yes..we are missionaries but still 19 year old guys. Some a little too much but that´s okay hahaha. Basically my days are wake up, eat, study, eat, class, eat, class, sleep. And I´m not even exaggerating anything hahaha. That´s basically it. But I wouldn~t have it any other way. My favoirte times are calss and studying and eating and sleeping. :) hahahah. But class is way awesome! My teachers Irmâo Viana e Irmâo David are the funniest and best guys. They help so much learning the language and wha~ts great is that we teach them english too!!! Tell phil I can~t resond back to his email this week not enough time. Maybe next week :) haha. On August 1 the whole program is cahnging. And I think it~s where we the elders are teaching more in portuguese rather than the actually instructors. So that will be fun. Well I should wrap this up. sorry for horrible spelling and yeah. Well |I love you guys so much and I~m doing very well so don´t worry about me! MOM! haha ;) Well I´ll talk to you guys next week! I love you!! This gospel is true!!! haha.

Love Elder Grant Shaw Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment